The Roots of the Hebrew Roots Movement & "Shout the name of Jesus" - music
A Hebrew Roots' man and his family wrote to disagree with this article below. Read their arguments and my scriptural refutation. Is it obvious now how unscriptural the Hebrew Roots Movement is? Go to the article here: Hebrew Roots Heresy
Let's be clear right from the beginning:
1.The word of God is the FINAL authority, regardless of how many people voice opinions to the contrary; and regardless of how qualified the 'experts' are who "interpret" it in their own way - rabbis, theologians, Phd's, pastors - and even wives - included.
2. You don't "love" people by lying to them. You love people by following the Lord Jesus Christ and telling them the truth - regardless of the personal cost.
3. If your sect of the Hebrew Roots Movement (now don't get upset over the word "sect"; I'm not insulting you; just find a dictionary and follow along - the movement has many divisions); if your sect of the Hebrew Roots Movement has leaders who don't believe some of these things - or who don't practice some of these things - then please contact me and help me to understand your sect of the Movement better. But keep in mind that a wolf is still a wolf (Acts 20:29) - even if yours happens to be a different colour.
4. Having said that, you need to understand that most people in the Hebrew Roots Movement are simply deceived; not evil. Some of the key doctrines are evil; and that is what I rise up to oppose. I do not believe that the majority of the people in the Movement are evil.
5. In fact, many people have joined the Hebrew Roots Movement in the first place because they have a sincere love for the Jewish people and want to "do" exactly what the Lord requires of us. That is a wonderful thing. But we shall all be held accountable for what we "hear" - take heed what ye "hear" (Mark 4:24) - and must prove the doctrines before receiving and propagating them. We are commanded to "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good (I Thess 5:21). We are commanded to study (II Tim 2:15). We are commanded to continue in his word (John 8:31-32). And we have an active enemy opposing us along the way - there are many false doctrines and false teachers in these last days - just as Jesus warned (Matt 24:4, 5, 11, 24, 26). So, don't just assume that you and your friends already have the 'truth', without hearing the evidence against it first (Prov 18:13).
6. Okay; here is an "accusation" to which many in the Hebrew Roots Movement will object:
"Leaders and members of the Hebrew Roots Movement, alike, employ the same disengaging conversational tactics that members of cults employ (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Moonies, etc) to avoid having to challenge their own beliefs - leading those of us who DO think, to conclude that they are willingly ignorant, or grievously brainwashed. (Specifically, they ask questions and don't stick around to hear the answers; and/or they refuse to answer questions that are sincerely posed to them, but which expose the obvious conclusion that their beliefs are erroneous.)"
7. With that statement, I will already have lost those of you who have fully given yourselves over to the false teachings of Hebrew Roots. But for those of you who are still with me - and for whom there still remains hope - I would like to provide some real-life examples to support that statement, as follows:
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days (Col 2:16).
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)